Earrings have been an accessory for women since time immemorial. So much so that even the most professional modern woman considers earrings as an essential, non-negotiable accessory. You would find very few women not wearing even an earring. In some communities, earrings are considered an essential part of the culture. You are not expected to attend auspicious events without earrings.
The weight of the earrings can exert a pull on the ear hole and drag on it to enlarge it over the years. The hole can break open or become so large that earrings keep falling. The measures like silicon support wafers are temporary and unpredictable. The hassle of keeping these props clouds the joy of flaunting a beautiful earring. The earrings don’t fit properly in the presence of large holes. They may hang low or tilt downwards.
1. The repair of the ear hole should be surgical. Many offer to stick a torn ear hole. But this method is far from being safe and desirable. When a hole is 'stuck', the glue actually burns and corodes the skin first. The raw edges then stick together.
The problems with this method are:
2. Surgical method- In this, the hole edges are freshened, and fine stitches are used to stitch the full skin and fat thickness together. A hole can be created later with piercing. The shortcoming of this method is that the earring's weight has to be borne by the new scar. The scar may not be visible but always remains a slightly weaker part. So it might open again.
3. Plastic surgical method- In Lasercosmesis, we use the plastic surgical flap method to line the new hole with full-thickness skin. The scar of stitching lies below that. The earring's weight does not fall on the scar, and it is extremely rare for these to open or enlarge again. If we think the lobe is too thin, we add some soft bone (cartilage) from your own ear without causing any visible changes in the look of the ear. Sometimes we may add some fat.
1. Torn earlobe due to an earring getting stuck or pulled.
2. Slowly enlarging ear hole.
3. Complete tear of the lobe.
4. Birth defects of the ear lobe called a cleft lobe.
5. Absent or small ear lobes can be recreated using surrounding tissues.
If you want to experience comprehensive cosmetic care under one roof to achieve natural results, You are at the right place! We give shape to your confidence by blending modern science, the art of experienced fingers, and refinement with advanced technology. Connect with us to experience personalized care & avail the best results.
Mon to Sat : 12:00pm to 7:00pm
Sunday : Closed
022 25300339 | 7666 475 666
What are the pre and post-op precautions required with this Earlobe Repair Treatment in Thane?
To know more about Earlobe Repair Treatment in Thane, please feel free to contact us.